Teach Foreign Language
The GCPS Foreign Language Program is among the largest and most successful in the country. Our vision is to provide a tailored program that gives students the opportunity to develop an advanced-level proficiency in a global language along with a deep cultural competency that offers an outstanding competitive advantage in career fields.
Foreign Language Program Overview:
- The 14th largest foreign language program in the nation
- Language learning opportunities offered from kindergarten through 12th grade
- 7 languages (American Sign Language, Chinese, German, French, Latin, Spanish, and Spanish for Native Speakers)
- 6 Dual Language Immersion programs (50/50 DLI offerings in Spanish and French)
- 300+ world languages teachers
- 26 Carnegie Unit middle school programs
- 170+ classroom Stevens Learning Labs available at a 2:1 teacher to lab ratio
Our diverse program enables more than 176,000 students to adopt, and adapt to, new cultures before and after graduation. If you want to empower students to develop communication and collaboration skills for the global marketplace, apply today. At GCPS we will help you gain the career you have always wanted and help you make the impact you’ve always dreamed about.
Ready to join an award-winning school system?
Click to apply for a position in our Dual Language Immersion Elementary Program.
Meredith White is a fourth-generation public school teacher whose “mission is to engage every day, with all students, in culturally responsive teaching.” Mrs. White uses the technology tools embraced by her Spanish I and II students to teach them— collaborating in shared Google documents, taking virtual shopping trips with vloggers in Spain via YouTube, and using authentic resources like daily news articlesMeredith White
2019 GCPS Teacher of the Year Finalist
Peachtree Ridge High School